DJ Nawna's News - All Things Music

Monday, November 25, 2013

What I wanted to do and actually did...Legends of Summer Tour

I had this amazing blog draft written up about my honeymoon in Miami for the sole purpose of talking about JayZ & Justin Timberlake "Legends of Summer" concert again....but I got so wrapped up in thinking about it as I wrote it out that the draft never posted but I did manage to add 13 new views to other peoples random YouTube concert footage.

Every once in a while someone will slip up and ask me about it but I want it on the record that I'm stamping it as TOP 10 most amazing things I've ever done. For people who know me, it was equivalent to me being able to spend the night in Times Square (Bucket List).

My husband is a laid back, chill, under excitable kinda guy so he was like the awkward guy at the prom trying to slow dance but this time it was at a massive hip hop/pop concert so he didn't know how to "act" and instead played the part of "Treyyyy in the wiiiiiind" in the movie Nell just swaying side to side. Which I don't blame him cause it was hard to top the loud, long blonde haired girl next to him rapping and singing every single word like it was HER JOB!!! Flamboyant hand gestures mixed with fake gang signs (they were real to me) flying everywhere....he was probably just trying to stay steady and ready to catch the wild woman he'd now refer to as his wife :D

Quick (long) back story...I personally have seen over 50 of the greatest live acts thanks to a festival called Sunfest in West Palm Beach where is ironically when our oldest daughter was conceived (in 2004- line up Gavin DeGraw, Chaka Kan, Steve Winwood, and more). I've seen No Doubt, Ja Rule, Jazon Mraz 3 times, Bonnie Raitt, Fiona Apple, John Mayer (when he first popped off in 2001 then again at TD Waterhouse), Santana and this never ending list of #legends. Then I've seen big stadium concerts like Britney Spears (twice once with Nicki Minaj), Ciara opening for Gwen Stefani, N*Sync and a lots of others including the Justin Timberlake & Christina Aguilera "Stripped" tour.

Back to the concert...parts I left out previous versions of the story was when we literally went from one end of stadium to find our seats to only be redirected to the complete opposite side. It happened SIX times and I chose to wear SIX inch wedges (just for great photos which NO ONE took one of me in)...so we're running, we're sweating, I'm still holding my pee from the hotel room...and August in Miami is pretty unforgiving as far as humidity. I'm not joking it was so horrible, it could have ruined our night...do not fret, I took a 20 question survey for the venue PLUS wrote a letter...none of the people working the event knew that the entire back end behind the stag was closed off....See photo below to really absorb what six times from the one circly gate on bottom left side of the stage seating allllllllll the way to the other side really looked/felt like

We find our seats but we agree that Justin will obviously open for Jay-Z so I send hubby off for more beer (I still have not peed)...lights drop, and as I inhale the giant gusts of cannabis breeze, it took me 3 seconds to identify the stage visuals were the new Holy Grail song with both of them on it. Enter panic mode...

This is the part of the story where I admit I was sad for approximately 30 seconds because Tommy wasn't there to witness it OR me basically climaxing when Jay came out. You may or may not know that there was no intermission because they chose to mash into each others songs doing every other which was just another mind blowing cherry on top....I've carried two babies in my belly, I've left the country once (lol), and I can not remember a time in my life where I felt so one in a million and it was for 3 straight hours. For me personally, I feel like I saw the equivalent to Michael Jackson+Madonna+Whitney Houston ALL combined....yeah....that's where I'm at and why I can't stop thinking about it. I mean JayZ told security to just go ahead and leave because we (as in him and I) were turning it into a club and they just needed to turn their backs...and they did what he said cause guess what, WE DID TURN IT OUT cause guess what, I WITNESSED IT!

Here was the set list in order of performance...all classics:
  1. "Holy Grail"
  2. "Rock Your Body"
  3. "I Just Wanna Love U (Give It 2 Me)"
  4. "I Want You Back"
  5. "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)"
  6. "Excuse Me Miss"
  7. "Señorita"
  8. "On to the Next One"
  9. "Like I Love You"
  10. "My Love"
  11. "Big Pimpin'"
  12. "Tunnel Vision"
  13. "Jigga What, Jigga Who"
  14. "U Don't Know"
  15. "99 Problems"
  16. "Public Service Announcement"
  17. "Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem)"
  18. "Heart of the City"
  19. "Pusher Love Girl"
  20. "Summer Love"
  21. "LoveStoned"
  22. "Until the End of Time"
  23. "Cry Me a River"
  24. "Take Back the Night"
  25. "What Goes Around... Comes Around"
  26. "Dirt Off Your Shoulder"
  27. "Niggas in Paris"
  28. "Tom Ford"
  29. "New York, New York"
  30. "Empire State of Mind"
  31. "Mirrors"
  32. "Run This Town"
  33. "Encore"
  34. "SexyBack"
  35. "Suit & Tie"
  36. "Young Forever"
People may be under impressed and can not relate to my enthusiasm at all but that's their bad. I spent my 20's raising and making babies so at 30 yrs old, when I got to experience the most amazing night of entertainment and had my best friend/husband by my side to enjoy it with...just faghetabout it! We put in a lot of work to stay together and that concert was our wedding gift from God or maybe just Lawd Yeezus :)
I did a terrible job video taping but you can see them on my YouTube Channel where I also added footage from people who weren't as out of their mind as I was while taping... To conclude this blog dedicated to best live show I've ever seen, here's a video of them singing "Forever Young" which they shout out to Trayvon Martin's family who were in the crowd but I'm dedicating to Shannon and Mackenzie Grien I promise not to bring it up again unless someone asks...or I find an opportunity to bring it up...so yeah I'll never stop talking about it

No comments:

Post a Comment